Machine Intelligence Lab (MILAb)
in Handong Global University (HGU)
Our goal is to develop more general and powerful machine learning (ML) algorithms to change the world and help people. We are interested in everything related to ML, especially deep learning (DL) and reinforcement learning (RL).
We are looking for students who are highly motivated and passionate about ML. If interested, please email prof. heeyoul "henry" choi at hchoi (a) handong.edu.
- Paper published in IJCAS: Sang Jun Lee, Heeyoul Choi, Sung Soo Hwang, "Real-time Depth Estimation Using Recurrent CNN with Sparse Depth Cues for SLAM System", International Journal of Control, Automation and Systems, Vol. 18, no. 1, pp.206--216, 2020.
- Paper published in JDCS:
- Chanung Jeong, Heeyoul Choi, "Neural Machine Translation with Word Embedding Transferred from Language Model", Journal of Digital Contents Society, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 2211-2216, Dec. 2019 (KCI).
- Paper accepted to KSC 2019:
- Hayoung Eom, Heeyoul Choi, "Active Search for Nearest Neighbors," Korea Software Conference, Pyeongchang, Dec. 18~20, 2019.
- Hyunsub Lee, Namjin Seo, Heeyoul Choi, "Player Detection and Team Classification in Sports Video Using Convolution Neural Network", Korea Software Conference, Pyeongchang, Dec. 18~20, 2019.
- Congratulations to Chanung Jeong and Hayoung Eom! They have successfully defended their MS thesis. (Nov. 15, 2019)
- Chanung Jeong, "Learning Convex Concept in Deep Neural Networks"
- Hayoung Eom, "Application of Alpha-Integration to Neural Networks"
- Best Paper Award: Stanislav Lange, Heegon Kim, Seyeon Jeong, Heeyoul Choi, Jae-Hyoung Yoo, James W. Hong, "Machine Learning-based Prediction of VNF Deployment Decisions in Dynamic Networks", The 20th Asia-Pacific Network Operations and Management Symposium (APNOMS 2019), Matsue, Japan, Sep. 18-20, 2019.
- Paper accepted to ICANN 2019: Sangchul Hahn, Heeyoul Choi, “Disentangling Latent Factors of Variational Auto-Encoder with Whitening”, Intl Conf. on Artificial Neural Networks (ICANN), Munich, Germany, September 17-19, 2019.
- Paper accepted to RANLP 2019: Sangchul Hahn, Heeyoul Choi, “Self-Knowledge Distillation in Natural Language Processing”, Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP), Varna, Bulgaria, September 2-4, 2019.